金钱
魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子
1#
发表于 2008-2-14 00:26 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
今年2月份的晴天的天数要比去年要多..温度也比去年暖和...和国内南方风雪大相径庭..

[Leicester Mercury 英文报道 2月13日]

http://www.leicestermercury.co.u ... ;contentPK=19862080

What a difference a year makes - 12 months ago Leicestershire was blanketed with snow, bringing traffic to a standstill and closing schools.

But yesterday people were basking in the sunshine and enjoying the warm weather.

Tourist attractions in the county were also reporting soaring visitor numbers as youngsters made the most of their half-term holiday.

Leicester Mercury weatherman Dave Mutton said the first 12 days of February had already seen 70 hours of sunshine, compared with 63 hours for the whole month last year.

In 2007, it was -1C on February 8, but over the last three days, the temperatures have topped 14C, or 57F.

Nationally, yesterday was declared the hottest February 12 ever.

Mr Mutton said: "The sunshine has been unbelievable this year. We have already exceeded the average for the whole of February last year."

However, he warned that the days will get colder for the rest of this week, although the sun is set to shine again at the weekend.

The warm weather could not have come at a better time for the thousands of children enjoying the half-term holiday.

At Victoria Park, Leicester, yesterday youngsters were out playing football, cricket and tennis.

Groups of mums were out pushing their babies in prams and friends were taking strolls while walking their dogs.

Mum Claire Price, 34, of Blaby, said: "We are just getting out and about in the park, enjoying the sun. We have all got little ones and taking them out like this sends them to sleep."

Mum Janet Hubball, 42, of Clarendon Park, Leicester, said: "This sun gives us a chance to get out of the house. It's much nicer than staying indoors."

Student James Harrison, 21, of Evington, said: "I'm enjoying the weather and I'm surprised it has been this warm for so many days.

"I hope it stays like this for my football match tomorrow."

Outdoor tourist attractions said they had enjoyed a seasonal boost in visitor numbers.

A spokeswoman for Rutland Water said: "It has been quite a busy day with more people out and more cyclists.

"We've seen some signs of spring, with bluebells, snowdrops and some butterflies."

Kim Riley, of Twycross Zoo, said: "Our visitor numbers are up on the last two years. On Monday, we had 2,000 people through our doors, up 400 on last year.

"People are actually eating picnics and buying ice cream.

"I even saw someone wearing shorts and a T-shirt today.

"All the animals are outside and the gibbons are swinging in the trees."

A spokeswoman for Conkers, the National Forest tourist attraction in Moira, near Ashby, said: "There is an increase in visitor numbers if we compare it to last year. We were very busy on Monday. It's a lovely atmosphere with a mixture of families and couples."

金钱
魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子

有面子徽章

2#
发表于 2008-2-14 00:59 |只看该作者
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 註 冊

Archiver| Leicester BBS