魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子

有面子徽章

1#
发表于 2011-5-2 20:31 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
莱斯特警局发布通告:近几周内,莱斯特Royal Infirmary 附近,(靠近DMU)许多住户在门口的电表盒(连接电话网络电视等),遭人恶意破坏,至今已有20多户人受害,请大家注意安全,如发现有可以人物在破坏家门口的电表,请拨打 0116 222 2222  莱斯特警察局

[来源: Leicester Mercury 5月2日]

http://www.thisisleicestershire. ... detail/article.html

Neighbourhood targeted by vandals and arsonists

By ciaran fagan social affairs correspondent

Residents say their neighbourhood has been hit by a sudden rise in vandalism and anti-social behaviour.

People living in the St Andrews area of the city, near Leicester Royal Infirmary, say they do not know why their area has seen the increase in the past few weeks.

In the latest incident, which is thought to have happened on Wednesday or Thursday, vandals smashed boxes that contain electronics for householders' internet, phone services and cable television services.

In some cases wires running from the boxes up the front of the houses had been cut or pulled away from the wall and left dangling.
Stay one step ahead of the weather

Boxes on the front of at least 20 homes in Windermere Street and Grassmere Street have been smashed, although in some cases the damage was caused earlier than last week.

Student Andrew Kernohan returned to his rented home in Windermere Street last week to find his cable box pulled apart.

The 24-year-old used the techniques he has learned during his course in computer security to mend the damaged wiring.

"It's a strange kind of vandalism," he said. "Some of the boxes have been vandalised and some wires have been cut.

"I suppose I was fortunate because I was able to fix it and everything is working okay.

"I think there'll be quite a few students arriving back this week to find they don't have internet access or television."

Angie Beales, chairman of the area's St Andrews Tenants Association, said the vandalism was part of a wider increase in anti-social behaviour in the area.

She said: "The anti-social behaviour is rising in this area and I'm not sure why it's happening.

"We've had a couple of bins set on fire recently and the sign from the association's office was smashed a few weeks ago.

"The cables are the latest incident and that's obviously going to cost people some money – money they probably don't have to spare.

"It's also going to be a lot of inconvenience if it interferes with their internet access or their televisions."

The vandalism is being investigated by city centre police's Riverside beat team, which is based at Leicester Royal Infirmary. Contact police on 0116 222 2222.

金钱
魅力
威望
积分
精华
帖子

有面子徽章 全勤奖章

2#
发表于 2011-5-2 21:10 |只看该作者
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 註 冊

Archiver| Leicester BBS